Snow, fun and winter sports in Schwangau, Allgäu
The wintersports arena Tegelberg:
Fantastic winter fun for country skiers, skiers, carvers and snowboarders
Cross-country skiing, Alpine skiing, snowshoeing and Biathlon promise a variety of change for each day; also the mountain station is a popular meeting place for skiers. Those who prefer a cosy day, can enjoy walking or a carriage ride through the glittering landscape. Again a highlight is the royal castles which underline the mystical winter mood.
Winter hiking in the royal Bavaria
Just relax and enjoy the snow-covered landscape, 50 km of cleared winter hiking trails are waiting for you: Schwansee park, the mysterious Forggensee or one of the mountain huts are freshing stop in the Bleckenau, Drehhütte or the Rohrkopfhütte with a hearty swabia snack or a glass of mulled wine can be a memorable winter experience.
Cross-country skiing at the highest level
Schwangau is an official "DSV nordic active Cross country centre". This certificate guarantees the attractiveness of the trail network and its special variety:
- 32km long and varied network trails.
- Different routes - from beginners to advanced
- Highlight: the 2km long, snowy Neuschwanstein trail below the Castle.
- To determine the level of difficulty and to guarantee maximum safety, the cross-country routes were surveyed using the latest GPS / GIS Technology
- Trail signs show the length and level of difficulty plus any new information
The most beautiful cross-country tracks
Schwangau's loop trail
The Schwangau's loop trail (11 km) runs through most of all the district of Schwangau. Here you are able to enjoy unparalled views and impressions
Plenty of parking and refreshment stops are available.
The illuminated Neuschwanstein trail
The illuminated Neuschwanstein trail is very close to the Tegelberg cable car and offers breathtaking views to both beginners and advanced skiers
Pure Fun on 4.2 km of downhill skiing on Tegelberg
Skiers, carvers and snowboarders experience the fantastic winter sports facilities of Schwangau:
- Perfectly groomed slopes
- Modern snowmaking equipment
- Cable cars, four T-bar lifts
- Ski schools and rental on site